Eric Patterson, LPC
Eric Patterson is a licensed professional counselor in the Pittsburgh area who is dedicated to helping children, adults, and families meet their treatment goals. As contributor for the American Psychiatric Association, he helped shape the content in the DSM-5. For the last five years as a freelance writer, Eric has worked to spread reliable, actionable information regarding addiction and mental health to people in need. When he isn’t focused on work, Eric is usually hanging with his family, listening to indie rock, or brewing a cup of coffee.
- Al Anon vs. AA: What’s the Difference?
- Recreational Therapy for Addiction Treatment in South Florida
- Motivational Interviewing at The Recovery Village Palm Beach
- What is Experiential Therapy & How It’s Used in Rehab
- Contingency Management: Benefits, Goals & Expectations
- South Florida Veterans Substance Abuse And Mental Health Resources
- Medication-Assisted Treatment in South Florida
- Teenage Rehabilitation: Options for Teen Substance Abuse Treatment
- How To Navigate Triggers, Urges and Cravings in Recovery
- Living a Sober Lifestyle: How to Tell People You’re Sober
- Loving a Drug Addict: Do People With Addiction Love Back?
- Florida Drug Abuse Hotlines
- Unemployment & Depression: How Job Stress Affects Mental Health
- Cocaine Abuse Statistics and Trends in South Florida
- What Is Cocaine Psychosis and How Long Does It Last?
- Florida Alcohol Abuse Hotlines
- What Are the Stages of Alcoholism & the Jellinek Curve?
- Alcoholic Parents: The Effects of Alcoholism in Families
- Manipulation, Gaslighting and Alcoholism: Is Your Reality Being Shaped by Addiction?
- What To Ask Insurance Providers When Choosing Rehab
- What Is Rehab? Drug & Alcohol Rehab: What to Expect
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Addiction Rehab: What’s the Best Rehab for Me?
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)